The world's most sensitive DSR for all construction and petro chemicals testing
The Kinexus Prime DSR+ is a dynamic shear rheometer for research and development requirements in the Asphalt industry, with true ‘plug and play’ functionality for all measuring systems and environmental control units. The Kinexus DSR+ enables pioneering Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) based testing while offering access to a full range of standard rheological tests with total flexibility of test design and set-up.
Request a Quote
The Kinexus Prime DSR+
incorporates technological innovations that enable optimal flexibility in rheological test capabilities and protocols - for meeting quality control requirements in the Asphalt industry.
- Grade testing to industry standards such as AASHTO and EN specifications with Time-Temperature Superposition for master curve generation.
- Wide variety of measurement geometries optimized for rheological characterization of liquid binders to solid asphalt cores.
- All modes of rheological operations – StressStress is defined as a level of force applied on a sample with a well-defined cross section. (Stress = force/area). Samples having a circular or rectangular cross section can be compressed or stretched. Elastic materials like rubber can be stretched up to 5 to 10 times their original length.stress control, shear rate control and direct StrainStrain describes a deformation of a material, which is loaded mechanically by an external force or stress. Rubber compounds show creep properties, if a static load is applied.strain controlled oscillation at demand strain amplitude for accurate control of sample strain history.
- Access to all rheological tests supplied with the standard Kinexus package in addition to the standard Asphalt software.
- Unique rSpace software interface that offers total flexibility of test set-up - from sequence-driven Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)-type functionality to fully customizable test design.
- Intelligent geometry recognition with full auto-configuration and user feedback on system status to guarantee robust data for all measurements.
- Solids fixtures for measuring fatigue or accumulated strain testing of asphalt cores and Penetrometer adapter for automated penetration testing of asphalt binders.
- Complete sample history from the point of loading onto the rheometer available in data file as standard – because ensuring reliable rheology data for complex materials like asphalt actually starts before a measurement takes place.
- Exceptional vertical travel and gap-setting capabilities with ultra-responsive and highly sensitive normal force system for class-leading performance.
- Unique ‘plug and play’ cartridge system for all temperature and environmental controllers – all mechanical, power, communication and fluid connections made in one simple action.
- Multifunctional accessory design – plate cartridges with interchangeable lower plates and cylinder cartridges with interchangeable cups - for a cost-effective solution and widest application coverage.
- How Will My Asphalt Binder or Bitumen Behave in the Future?Application Note
- How Does My Powder Flow? In One Minute to the Result with the Kinexus Rotational RheometerApplication Note
- Time-Temperature Superposition on Asphalt BinderApplication Note
- Measurement on an Unstable, Viscous Liquid by Means of a Relative GeometryApplication Note
- Quantifying Shear Thickening Behavior Using the Power-Law Model on a Rotational Rheometer – Corn Starch-Water MixtureApplication Note
- Standard Starch Testing Using a Kinexus Rotational RheometerApplication Note
- Quantifying Shear Thinning Behavior on a Rotational Rheometer Using the Power Law ModelApplication Note
- Quantifying Shear Thickening Behavior Using the Power Law Model on a Rotational RheometerApplication Note
Rheology Part 1 - The Basics of Viscosity
Rheology Part 2 - Basics of Viscoelasticity