A diverse analytical research solution for laboratory testing
The Kinexus Prime DSR rheometer is a dynamic shear rheometer designed for routine analysis and QC testing in the Asphalt industry, with true ‘plug and play’ functionality for all measuring systems and environmental control units. The Kinexus DSR enables pioneering Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) based testing with a built-in library of standard test protocols for Asphalt and access to standard rheological test modes.
The Kinexus Prime DSR
incorporates technological innovations that enable optimal flexibility in rheological test capabilities and protocols - for meeting quality control requirements in the Asphalt industry.
- Grade testing to industry standards such as AASHTO and EN specifications with Time-Temperature Superposition for master curve generation.
- Wide variety of measurement geometries optimized for rheological characterization of liquid binders to solid asphalt cores.
- All modes of rheological operations – StressStress is defined as a level of force applied on a sample with a well-defined cross section. (Stress = force/area). Samples having a circular or rectangular cross section can be compressed or stretched. Elastic materials like rubber can be stretched up to 5 to 10 times their original length.stress control, shear rate control and direct StrainStrain describes a deformation of a material, which is loaded mechanically by an external force or stress. Rubber compounds show creep properties, if a static load is applied.strain controlled oscillation at demand strain amplitude for accurate control of sample strain history.
- Unique rSpace software interface that offers total flexibility of test set-up - from sequence-driven Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)-type functionality to fully customizable test design.
- Intelligent geometry recognition with full auto-configuration and user feedback on system status to guarantee robust data for all measurements.
- Solids fixtures for measuring fatigue or accumulated strain testing of asphalt cores and Penetrometer adapter for automated penetration testing of asphalt binders.
- Complete sample history from the point of loading onto the rheometer available in data file as standard – because ensuring reliable rheology data for complex materials like asphalt actually starts before a measurement takes place.
- Exceptional vertical travel and gap-setting capabilities with ultra-responsive and highly sensitive normal force system for class-leading performance.
- Unique ‘plug and play’ cartridge system for all temperature and environmental controllers – all mechanical, power, communication and fluid connections made in one simple action.
- Multifunctional accessory design – plate cartridges with interchangeable lower plates and cylinder cartridges with interchangeable cups - for a cost-effective solution and widest application coverage.
Request a Quote
-40°C to 350°C
Rheology and viscoelasticity
Rheology and viscoelasticity
5.0nNm to 200mNm
Rheometry - rotational
- How Will My Asphalt Binder or Bitumen Behave in the Future?Application Note
- How Does My Powder Flow? In One Minute to the Result with the Kinexus Rotational RheometerApplication Note
- Time-Temperature Superposition on Asphalt BinderApplication Note
- Measurement on an Unstable, Viscous Liquid by Means of a Relative GeometryApplication Note
- Quantifying Shear Thickening Behavior Using the Power-Law Model on a Rotational Rheometer – Corn Starch-Water MixtureApplication Note
- Standard Starch Testing Using a Kinexus Rotational RheometerApplication Note
- Quantifying Shear Thinning Behavior on a Rotational Rheometer Using the Power Law ModelApplication Note
- Quantifying Shear Thickening Behavior Using the Power Law Model on a Rotational RheometerApplication Note
Rheology Part 1 - The Basics of Viscosity
Rheology Part 2 - Basics of Viscoelasticity