Highest specification rheometer bearing system
The Kinexus ultra+ rheometer has the highest sensitivity air bearing and widest torque range, coupled with the unprecedented vertical (axial) control capabilities of the Kinexus platform, for advanced rheological testing. Unique sequence-driven rSpace software enables fully customizable test design to allow researchers to set-up and investigate tailored rheological test protocols.
The Kinexus ultra+ rheometer
It incorporates technological innovations that enable optimal flexibility in rheological test capabilities and protocols - for advanced research.
- All modes of rheological operation – StressStress is defined as a level of force applied on a sample with a well-defined cross section. (Stress = force/area). Samples having a circular or rectangular cross section can be compressed or stretched. Elastic materials like rubber can be stretched up to 5 to 10 times their original length.stress control, shear rate control and direct StrainStrain describes a deformation of a material, which is loaded mechanically by an external force or stress. Rubber compounds show creep properties, if a static load is applied.strain controlled oscillation at demand strain amplitude for accurate control of sample strain history.
- Unprecedented dual-action capabilities for both shear and vertical testing.
- Highest specification air bearing with ultra-low torque offset to minimise data corrections.
- Exceptional vertical travel and gapping capabilities with ultra-responsive and highly sensitive normal force system for class-leading performance.
- Unique rSpace software interface that offers total flexibility of test set-up - from fully customizable test design for new and advanced research capabilities to sequence-driven Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)-type functionality.
- Wide variety of measurement geometries optimized for rheological characterization of complex fluids and soft solids, including dispersions, emulsions, polymer and surfactant solutions, pastes and gels.
- Intelligent geometry recognition with full auto-configuration and user feedback on system status to guarantee robust data for all measurements.
- Complete sample history from the point of loading onto the rheometer available in data file as standard – because ensuring reliable rheology data for complex Non-NewtonianA non-Newtonian fluid is one that exhibits a viscosity that varies as a function of the applied shear rate or shear stress.non-Newtonian materials actually starts before a measurement takes place.
- Unique ‘plug and play’ cartridge system for all temperature and environmental controllers – all mechanical, power, communication and fluid connections made in one simple action.
- Multifunctional accessory design – plate cartridges with interchangeable lower plates for a cost-effective solution addressing the widest application coverage.
Request a Quote
Temperature range (max.)
Rheology and viscoelasticity
1.0nNm to 225mNm
- Using Squeeze Flow to Extend Rheological Measurements for Concentrated SuspensionsApplication Note
- Using Rheology to Study the Hardness and Spreadability of ButterApplication Note
- Kinetic Analysis of the Shear Viscosity to Predict the Curing Behavior of a 2-Part Epoxy AdhesiveApplication Note
- Studying Curing Behavior of Nail Gels Using RheologyApplication Note
- Rheological Properties of a Lubricating Grease in Accordance with DIN 51810-2Application Note
- Evaluating Non-Linear Visco-Elastic Effects Using Normal Force Measurements on a Rotational Rheometer – Body WashApplication Note
- Determination of Yield Stress of Complex Fluids by Multiple Creep Tests on a Rotational Rheometer – Moisturizing LotionApplication Note
- Why Do You Hit the End of Your Ketchup Bottle? Yield Stress AnalysisApplication Note