Research grade rheometer for complex fluids characterization
Targeted at the rheological characterization of dispersions and other complex fluids and soft solids, the Kinexus pro+ rheometer has unprecedented dual-action capabilities for both shear and vertical testing. A modular rheometer with true ‘plug and play’ functionality for all measuring systems and environmental control units, Kinexus also enables pioneering Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) driven rheological testing.
The Kinexus pro+ rheometer
incorporates technological innovations that enable optimal flexibility in rheological test capabilities and protocols - for research and development requirements.
- All modes of rheological operation – StressStress is defined as a level of force applied on a sample with a well-defined cross section. (Stress = force/area). Samples having a circular or rectangular cross section can be compressed or stretched. Elastic materials like rubber can be stretched up to 5 to 10 times their original length.stress control, shear rate control and direct StrainStrain describes a deformation of a material, which is loaded mechanically by an external force or stress. Rubber compounds show creep properties, if a static load is applied.strain controlled oscillation at demand StrainStrain describes a deformation of a material, which is loaded mechanically by an external force or stress. Rubber compounds show creep properties, if a static load is applied.strain amplitude for accurate control of sample strain history.
- Exceptional vertical travel and gapping capabilities with ultra-responsive and highly sensitive normal force system for class-leading performance.
- Unique rSpace software interface that offers total flexibility of test set-up - from sequence-driven Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)-type functionality to fully customizable test design for new and advanced research capabilities.
- Wide variety of measurement geometries optimized for rheological characterization of complex fluids and soft solids, including dispersions, emulsions, polymer and surfactant solutions, pastes and gels.
- Intelligent geometry recognition with full auto-configuration and user feedback on system status to guarantee robust data for all measurements.
- Complete sample history from the point of loading onto the rheometer available in data file as standard – because ensuring reliable rheology data for complex Non-NewtonianA non-Newtonian fluid is one that exhibits a viscosity that varies as a function of the applied shear rate or shear stress.non-Newtonian materials actually starts before a measurement takes place.
- Unique ‘plug and play’ cartridge system for all temperature and environmental controllers – all mechanical, power, communication and fluid connections made in one simple action.
- Multifunctional accessory design – plate cartridges with interchangeable lower plates for a cost-effective solution addressing the widest application coverage.
Request a Quote
Temperature range (max.)
Rheology and viscoelasticity
1.0nNm to 225mNm
- Studying Curing Behavior of Nail Gels Using RheologyApplication Note
- Rheological Properties of a Lubricating Grease in Accordance with DIN 51810-2Application Note
- Evaluating Non-Linear Visco-Elastic Effects Using Normal Force Measurements on a Rotational Rheometer – Body WashApplication Note
- Determination of Yield Stress of Complex Fluids by Multiple Creep Tests on a Rotational Rheometer – Moisturizing LotionApplication Note
- Why Do You Hit the End of Your Ketchup Bottle? Yield Stress AnalysisApplication Note
- Evaluating Product Delivery Characteristics from a Bottle, Tube or Spray PackApplication Note
- Characterizing the Microstructure of ´Worm-like Micelles` Using RheologyApplication Note
- Processing Non-Newtonian Products: Determing the Pressure Drop for a Power Law Fluid Along a Straight Ciruclar PipeApplication Note