The Research grade Power of Prime Rheometer
Targeted at the rheological characterization of dispersions and other complex fluids and soft solids, the Kinexus Prime pro+ rheometer has unprecedented dual-action capabilities for both shear and vertical testing. A modular rheometer with true ‘plug and play’ functionality for all measuring systems and environmental control units, Kinexus also enables pioneering Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) driven rheological testing.
The Kinexus Prime pro+ Rheometer
incorporates technological innovations that enable optimal flexibility in rheological test capabilities and protocols - for research and development requirements.
- All modes of rheological operation – StressStress is defined as a level of force applied on a sample with a well-defined cross section. (Stress = force/area). Samples having a circular or rectangular cross section can be compressed or stretched. Elastic materials like rubber can be stretched up to 5 to 10 times their original length.stress control, shear rate control and direct StrainStrain describes a deformation of a material, which is loaded mechanically by an external force or stress. Rubber compounds show creep properties, if a static load is applied.strain controlled oscillation at demand StrainStrain describes a deformation of a material, which is loaded mechanically by an external force or stress. Rubber compounds show creep properties, if a static load is applied.strain amplitude for accurate control of sample strain history.
- Exceptional vertical travel and gapping capabilities with ultra-responsive and highly sensitive normal force system for class-leading performance.
- Unique rSpace software interface that offers total flexibility of test set-up - from sequence-driven Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)-type functionality to fully customizable test design for new and advanced research capabilities.
- Wide variety of measurement geometries optimized for rheological characterization of complex fluids and soft solids, including dispersions, emulsions, polymer and surfactant solutions, pastes and gels.
- Intelligent geometry recognition with full auto-configuration and user feedback on system status to guarantee robust data for all measurements.
- Complete sample history from the point of loading onto the rheometer available in data file as standard – because ensuring reliable rheology data for complex Non-NewtonianA non-Newtonian fluid is one that exhibits a viscosity that varies as a function of the applied shear rate or shear stress.non-Newtonian materials actually starts before a measurement takes place.
- Unique ‘plug and play’ cartridge system for all temperature and environmental controllers – all mechanical, power, communication and fluid connections made in one simple action.
- Multifunctional accessory design – plate cartridges with interchangeable lower plates for a cost-effective solution addressing the widest application coverage.
Request a Quote
Temperature range (max.)
Rheology and viscoelasticity
1.0nNm to 225mNm
- Quantifying Shear Thickening Behavior Using the Power-Law Model on a Rotational Rheometer – Corn Starch-Water MixtureApplication Note
- Standard Starch Testing Using a Kinexus Rotational RheometerApplication Note
- Quantifying Shear Thinning Behavior on a Rotational Rheometer Using the Power Law ModelApplication Note
- Quantifying Shear Thickening Behavior Using the Power Law Model on a Rotational RheometerApplication Note
- Overcoming and Quantifying ´Wall Slip` in Measurements Made on a Rotational RheometerApplication Note
- Fulfulling the FDA’s Rheology Testing Requirements for Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDA) for Topical CreamsApplication Note
- Processing Non-Newtonian Products: Determining the Pressure Drop for a Power Law Fluid Along a Straight Ciruclar PipeApplication Note
- Determination of Yield Stress of Complex Fluids by Multiple Creep Tests on a Rotational Rheometer – Moisturizing LotionApplication Note